Update on Covid 19 Policies
As from the 13th of September 2020 we are asking all users of the club compound to log in using our QR code or book in using the list in the hallway. This information will only be kept for 21 Days.
- The clubhouse is out of bounds- except for 1 toilet in the ladies. The changing rooms cannot be used – come ready to sail.
- Club boats must be booked on https://form.jotform.com/201892178908062
- We need to keep our social distance at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation.
RELEASING LOCKDOWN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Any club member wishing to sail must arrive in the correct clothing to do so, or bring own “changing cubicle” (towel/shelter) to be used outside.
- There will be no access to:
- Safety cover during activities on the water.
- Engine shed
- The club house will only be accessible for toilet use. There will be one toilet available in the ladies changing rooms (as this must be accessible for the electric supply). The changing room must not be used for changing. All other areas of the club house are taped off, and not to be used
- Use of club boats is available via an on-line booking system. Boats can be allocated for up to a week (the boat number and lock number will be provided upon booking). Boats must be re-locked every evening and not lent to other members. Sails and a masthead float (optional use, but available as there is no safety cover) will be in a numbered bag allocated to the boat. These will be kept in the Race Hut. Masthead floats must not be inflated by mouth (a foot pump is provided to reduce contamination risk). Boats will be quarantined for 72 hours and the lock number changed before re-allocation.
- Those in the compound must ensure they are following the guidance set out by the government.
- Wipes are available at entrance to club house and hand sanitiser and hand wipes are available at the basin in the toilet.
- Members are required to provide their own food and drink, although outside water tap is in use to top up bottles.
- A First aid box and defib will be stored in the Disable Toilet, if this is used it must be reported to the Commodore immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members will be given access to the water but are encouraged to err on the side of caution in relation to sailing ability and wind conditions. This is to reduce the chanceof having to call the emergency services
- If a club member, or someone in their close family, show signs/symptoms of covid-19 they must refrain from entering the club for a minimum of 14 days.
- In the unlikely case that members have been exposed to covid-19 while at the club, we recommend that members follow the government guidelines and to report this immediately to the Commodore at email@example.com
- Club policies will be reviewed on a weekly basis and adjusted as needed.
- Any failure to follow the guidelines set out will result in the closure of the club to all members.
There is currently a vast amount of weed in the reservoir, which the committee is currently in the process of looking to remove
Aylesbury Sailing Club is very much a family club for all ages and encourages an all-round interest in both recreational sailing and racing. Tucked away in a picturesque corner of Buckinghamshire under the shadow of the Chilterns we offer organised racing which takes place every Sunday from March to November and during the Summer on a Wednesday evening. Along with multiple RYA Recognised Sailing Courses to enhance your sailing ability
New members are always welcome to join us, whether its to race, recreation or for our fantastic range of RYA Courses.
Socials, BBQs, Free tea and coffee all offered in scenic surroundings.
New Program for 2020
- 2020 subscritions.By now you should have received an email asking for your renewal of this years membership and sunscriptions. If for any reasons you have not received the email please contact our membership secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that membership is due for renewal now and must be completed before the end of February.… Continue reading 2020 subscritions.
- Cross channel adventureEarlier this month a group of our adventurous sailors from ASC took to the high seas and ventured across the Channel for a weeks sailing and generally enjoying life. All came back safe and sound with tales of daring do. To find out more about this week read the blog on the members page of… Continue reading Cross channel adventure
- RYA First Aid Course Saturday 18th April 09:00 – 17:00For more information and an application form see “Courses”.