Due to the size of water (and lease) we do restrict the size of dinghy
No class of dinghy greater than 15ft. No Asymmetric and/or Bowsprit. No Trapeze. No Wings. (Moth/Blaze etc.) No Foiling Boats.
Currently the most popular classes of boat raced are: Laser, GP14, Solo and Comet.
Specifically aimed at the junior sailor we have the RS Q’Ba and Pico.
The start of the 2022 Spring Series will see changes to the starting times.
Races will be under either Class, Handicap, Trophy or Pursuit as promulgated in the Sailing Calendar.
Start Race 1. 11:00
Start Race 2. 12:20
Start Race 3. 14:00
1st race of the day will not start before 11:00
2nd race of the day will not start before 12:15
3rd race of the day will not start before 13:45
Youth Group 15:00 (May to September)
LASER / LASER RADIAL
The current fleet consists of sailors of all age ranges, but is still very competitive.
The current fleet is seeing a rapid rise in numbers, and like the Laser consists of all age ranges.
GP14 / HANDICAP
The GP has remains a popular class within the club, as it has done for over 40 years at Aylesbury.
Sadly the current fleet has seen a decline in its racing numbers, but for those still racing its remains friendly, competitive and second to none with their hospitality off the water.
The Handicap fleet is for boats not awarded individual class status. Currently the fleet consists of Comet, Europe, Mirror, GP14 and Toppers.
Please note the following restrictions will be applied…
- Optimists shall not be permitted to sail during Sunday racing
- On Sundays, outside of racing, Optimists and training Oppis may be sailed at the discretion of the OOD
- Picos and Q’bas shall be permitted to race within the handicap class.
- RS Fevas shall only be permitted to sail at the club without the use of a bowsprit or asymmetric spinnaker
- Topaz shall mean the Uno Single Sail, Uno Race single handed, Uno plus two with jib and Uno race plus 2 man with Jib. Topaz shall only be permitted to sail at the club without the use of a bowsprit or asymmetric spinnaker
- The Fevas and Topaz shall be permitted to race within the handicap class.